Job #8086 - GEORGETOWNBloodworks Northwest is currently seeking a Vehicle Mechanic to ensure that all Bloodoworks Northwest fleet vehicles are maintained in a safe, operation ready and regulation compliance condition, and to do so with attention to minimizing costs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performing preventive and periodic maintenance of vehicles and bloodmobile generators including mechanical and physical inspections, road tests, fluid changes, lubricating components, brake service, tune -ups, component repair and replacement, air conditioning service and replacement, tire replacement and rotation, and wheel balancing.
- Perform minor and major vehicle repairs including engine component repair and replacement, electrical component repair and replacement, transmission and drive train service and repair, body and trim repair, suspension system repair and interior component service and repair – this includes lighting, beds, cabinets and drawers.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems issues.
- Prepare and process vehicles through emissions tesng.
- Provide driver training and certification for fleet vehicles operors.
- Conduct driver ride checs.
- Coordinate road side repairs, in-shop vendor repairs and towing
- Provide guidance in fleet replacement timelines and strategie
- Maintain records of the services and repairs that are performed on fleet vehicles
- Maintain a safe work environment and adhere to all safety procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Be available to respond to after-hours calls involving operations critical vehicle breakdowns.
- Ensure full compliance with the standards set forth in the PSBC vehicle Safety and Training Policy when operating or riding in company vehicles.
- Operate Bloodworks Northwest vehicles in a legal, safe and courteous fashion.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as written.
Ideal candidates will have:
- High school graduate or GED plus advanced technical/vocational course work. related work experience.
- Journeyman certification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
- EPA license for Vehicle air conditioning (IMVAC), preferred.
- Ability to work and function independently with minimum supervision; may direct the work of others.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
This full-time, non-exempt position is based out of our Georgetown location. The wage range for this position is (32) $22.56 - $28.77 - $34.97 per hour. Hours will typically be Monday – Friday with some evenings and weekends.
For proper consideration of your application materials please reference Job #8086 on all correspondence. Qualified applicants may submit a resume that clearly demonstrates their qualifications for this position, but are strongly encouraged to submit a completed Bloodworks NW employment application. This form is available at http://www.bloodworksnw.org/careers/employment.pdf Completed forms (with resumes and cover letters if applicable) may be submitted via the following:
- email: email@example.com
- fax: 1-866-286-8495
- USPS: C/O Bloodworks 921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
Help your career while helping others - join our lifesaving team!
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and /or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 206-292-6500, or at 921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA. 98104.
Bloodworks Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.