Job #8057 - Seattle (South Lake Union)The Senior Philanthropic Officer joins a team of dedicated professionals committed to supporting our mission of saving lives and advancing research. This position is responsible for planning and executing a development plan to generate major gifts from individuals and families. Reporting directly to the Chief Investment and Partnership Officer (Development Director), this individual will manage a portfolio of 150 major donors and donor prospects. This individual will work closely with senior organizational executives, Board members, and 10-person Development team.
- At least 4 years direct experience in nonprofit development/fundraising, including donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Proven success cultivating and soliciting five-figure gifts;
- Broad knowledge of the principles of moves management and ability to successfully carry out all aspects of the gift cycle;
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience and/or education;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with donor management software/databases (Raiser's Edge preferred);
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment;
Candidates must have outstanding writing skills, demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with trustees and contributors.
Also required: Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and strong organizational skills.
Interested Applicants should send their application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-866-286-8495. All correspondence must reference job number 8057. The application can be found at: http://www.bloodworksnw.org/careers/employment.pdf.