Job Number 8116 (Portland, OR)
The mission of the Hospital Services Department is to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients through operational expertise, education, quality support and best practices in management and stewardship of the organization's inventory.
Our Portland, Oregon location is seeking a skilled technician to receive and distribute orders for blood, blood components, and supplies following detailed standard operating procedures. The technician must have strong communication skills to provide high quality customer service to hospitals and internal clients, and pay attention to detail for processing blood component orders, documenting temperature storage alarms, and reviewing quality control documentation. This is a fast-paced, high-stress environment that requires extreme focus and concentration. We are highly scrutinized by regulatory organizations and need to adhere to proper documentation policies and strict standard operating procedures.
Three months of training is provided.
• Serve as primary customer service representative to multiple external and internal customers while processing orders for blood components and hemophilia concentrates
• Recommend component substitutions, while considering patient safety, to maximize utilization of overall blood inventory
• Operate numerous computer programs
• Arrange shipping logistics and transportation following appropriate regulatory guidelines
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Prefered degree to be in Biology, Chemistry or another Lab Science.
In addition, one year of experience (each) in at least two of the following areas:
• One year of experience in the blood banking industry
• One year of experience in shipping, receiving and distribution
• One year of experience in receiving telephone orders and providing customer service
This position is located at our Portland Branch at Providence Office Park III.
The application deadline open until filled. This position has a grade 28 wage range ($13.68 - $17.10 per hour).
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position and the incumbent will be scheduled to work four 10-hour days.
Work schedule: Wednesday 0600-1630, Thursday and Friday 1130-2200 and Saturday 1000-2030 (four 10-hour shifts).
The incumbent will also be required to "fill in" schedule openings created by scheduled time off within the department. As a result, the incumbent must be available for 1st shift and 2nd shift schedules. Because the department is open seven days per week, incumbents in this department are required to be available for holiday and weekend coverage, and will eventually be expected to be available for off-hour on-call coverage.
Qualified applicants must submit a resume that clearly demonstrates their qualifications and complete an employment application. The application can be found at: http://www.bloodworksnw.org/careers/employment.pdf. Completed forms (with resumes and cover letters if applicable) should be submitted via email to email@example.com (completed application must be sent as a scanned document, not as a converted text file); via fax to (866) 286-8495; or via USPS mail to Human Resources, Bloodworks Northwest, 921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104-1256.
For proper consideration, please reference job 8116 in all correspondence.
Help your career while helping others - join our lifesaving team!