Bloodworks Northwest Laboratories
Hemostasis Reference Laboratory
|Test||3.2% Sodium Citrated Sample
|Whole Blood EDTA
|All Coagulation Testing other than Platelet Aggregation or DNA test.||1-2 Tubes
5 ml ea. as whole blood OR
1 ml plasma into 4 plastic tubes. See Comments
|Less or equal to 3 hours, sent at room temp (18-25°C) OR
Frozen Plasma, Sent on Dry Ice
|Centrifuge tubes (2X) at 1500g for 15 minutes and aliquot plasma.|
|Platelet Aggregation||n/a||n/a||See comments||Drawn at the Blood Center. Call Hemostasis Laboratory at 206-689-6594 to Schedule an Appointment.|
5 ml ea. as whole blood
|5 ml||Less or equal to 2 Hours SENT AT ROOM TEMP (18-25°C) Special shipping procedure required call 206-689-6594 for instructions.||Must be received within 2 hours of draw OR Drawn at the Blood Center. Call Hemostasis Laboratory at 206-689-6594 to Schedule an Appointment.|
|DNA/Factor V Leiden Mutation; DNA/Factor II Mutation Testing||n/a||5 ml||48 Hours
|Hemophilia A or B Mutation; DNA VWD Mutation||n/a||10 ml||72 Hours
|Fetal Cell Genotyping||n/a||n/a||n/a||2 confluent T-25 flasks, cultured amniocytes|
- Minimum requirements are one frozen plasma tube with at least 1ml total volume. Please contact laboratory at 206-689-6594 if the sample does not meet this requirement.
- Insufficient sample aliquots will negatively affect turnaround time.
- Therapeutic anticoagulation interferes with most kinetic (but not DNA) tests.
- Several tests are run infrequently, depending upon clinical needs and requests.
- Analytic time may be prolonged when several or more complex tests are requested.
All samples must be sent in a sealed, leak-proof container marked with a biohazard sticker to comply with OSHA safety standards to:
Attn Hemostasis Laboratory
921 Terry Ave
Seattle WA 98104