Kirsten Alcorn, M.D.
Dr. Alcorn is the Interim Co-Chief Medical Officer. She serves as Medical Director of Transfusion Services at Swedish Hospitals at Cherry Hill, First Hill, Issaquah and Ballard. She also provides medical oversight for therapeutic apheresis procedures and is involved in post-graduate medical education in the field of Transfusion Medicine.
Patient Care Bio
- Consultant on all transfusion service and therapeutic apheresis issues.
- Interim Co-Chief Medical Officer (Bloodworks Northwest)
- Medical Director Transfusion Services, (Swedish System)
- CLIA Director (Transfusion Services, Swedish System)
- Active medical staff privileges: Swedish Cherry Hill, Swedish First Hill, Swedish Issaquah, Swedish Ballard
- Quality Practices Committee, College of American Pathologists
Board Certified Specialties
- Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- MD, Medical College of Virginia/ Virginia Commonwealth University, 1992
- BS, Biology, Catholic University of America, 1987
Post-Doctoral Training & Residency:
- Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking fellowship elective, Medical College of Virginia/ Virginia Commonwealth University, 1996-1997
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Resident, Medical College of Virginia/ Virginia Commonwealth University, 1992-1997
921 Terry Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Main line: (206) 292-6500
Direct line: (206) 689-6531