Barbara A. Konkle, M.D.
Dr. Konkle is the Chief Scientific Officer and Associate Director for the Washington Center for Bleeding Disorders at Bloodworks Northwest. She sees patients with bleeding disorders in the Washington Center for Bleeding Disorders and patients with disorders of hemostasis at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
Patient Care Bio
- Dr. Konkle’s clinical focus is on hemostases, benign hematology and transfusion medicine.
Awards & Honors
- 2011-2015 Member, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Advisory Council
- 2011-2013 Chair, Board of Directors, American Thrombosis & Hemostasis Network
- 2004-2010 Member, The College of Physicians, Philadelphia
- 2002-2012 American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology Subspecialty Exam Committee
- 2002 Top Doctor, Philadelphia Magazine
- 1998 Outstanding Teacher, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
- Associate Chief Scientific Officer
- Associate Director, Washington Center for Bleeding Disorders
- Director, Hemostasis, Platelet Immunology, Genomics Laboratory
- Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Division of Hematology
- Active medical staff privileges: University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Board Certified Specialties
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- MD | Medicine | Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 1979
- BA | Chemistry | Northwestern University, Evanston IL, 1975
Post-Doctoral Training & Residency
- Hematology/Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1984-1988
- Internal Medicine, Rush University, Chicago IL, 1979-1982