You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Websites. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features, submit information to us, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- Demographic information;
- Geolocation information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Websites, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Websites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Websites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Websites for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the Websites, services, email alerts, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products and Websites that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Websites, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Websites, and other products and Websites we offer;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Websites; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or Websites on our behalf (such as to host the Websites, fulfill requests, provide Websites, manage databases, provide patient assistance programs, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- FDA and Prescribing Physicians: If you contact Bloodworks regarding your experience with one of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to regulatory agencies, such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and as otherwise required of us by law. We also may use the information to contact the prescribing physician to follow up regarding an event involving the use of our product.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Websites. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Websites and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
The Websites are directed to a general audience. The Websites do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a user under 13, we will promptly delete personal information collected from that user. The parent of the child under 13 can review or have deleted the child’s personal information, and refuse to permit further collection or use of the child’s information, by contacting us at [email protected].
Links to Third Party Websites
Bloodworks site may provide hyperlinks to third party websites or access to third party content. Bloodworks does not control, endorse, or guarantee content found in such sites; nor, likewise, Bloodworks does not control, endorse or guarantee content from any sites that link to Bloodworks. You agree that Bloodworks is not responsible for any content, associated links, resources, or services associated with a third party site. You further agree that Bloodworks shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort associated with your use of third party content. Links and access to these sites are provided for your convenience only. Likewise, Bloodworks does not endorse any sites which link to Bloodworks.
Third Party Analytics
We may also use third-party analytics providers which could automatically collect certain personal information and other data about you through the Websites including, but not limited to, your IP address and/or other online identifiers. Third-party cookies or other tracking technology may be used through this process to track data such as the times you most frequently use the Websites, what devices you use to access our interactions with you, including but not limited to, via mail, telephone, email, online transactions, online programming and onsite visits at our donor centers (collectively with the Websites, the “Services”), what parts of the Services you visit and the links you use to get there. These data and analytics service providers may use such information to track how you use the Services, measure the performance of the Services, improve features on the Services, and provide Bloodworks with tools that satisfy overall operating needs for the Services. Bloodworks may then use feedback from these service providers to improve the Services and our interactions with you.
If at any time you would like to request the ability to edit or delete any personal information Bloodworks may have about you, opt-out of receiving further information from Bloodworks, limit what we share, or if you otherwise wish to ask Bloodworks to cease using your personal information in the manners specified in this Policy (subject to any applicable legal exceptions), please call Bloodworks at 800-398-7888 or send us an email using the address [email protected].
Bloodworks is required to try to verify the identity of any person or entity that requests the disclosure or deletion of personal information. If you have a password-protected account with us, we will use our existing authentication procedures to verify your identity. For most other requests, Bloodworks will ask you to provide information that matches at least two pieces of personal information we store about you before responding to your request. If more information is needed to verify your identity in certain situations, Bloodworks may deny your request or ask for more details as necessary to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure and deletion.
Bloodworks reserves the right to refuse any request made regarding your personal information if we are unable to process the request for any reason, such as if we are unable to verify the identity of the person making the request or if we cannot authenticate the legitimacy of the request using reasonable efforts. Bloodworks is under no obligation or duty to verify the legitimacy of any request regarding personal information.
Any removal of content by Bloodworks does not ensure or guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of the content in all places. Bloodworks reserve the right to maintain proper records as required by law, or for otherwise legitimate purposes to the extent permitted by law, even if such records contain your personal information.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional emails from the Bloodworks, please follow the opt-out instructions at the bottom of the email or send us a detailed email at [email protected].
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell web sites you do not want to have your online activities tracked. The Websites are not currently configured to respond to “do not track” or similar automated privacy controls. To learn more about ways to possibly opt-out of certain kinds of tracking that occur when you browse the Internet generally and may lead to targeted advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative web site and the Digital Advertising Alliance web site.
Options you select are browser- and device-specific, and there is no guarantee that these industry-provided opt-out tools will prevent all targeted advertising. As noted previously in this Policy, it is possible that certain third parties may receive information through the Services. Since some of these third parties may respond differently than Bloodworks to “do not track” requests, you should consult the applicable privacy policies of those third parties for that information.
Please note that the Websites are directed towards users who reside in the United States. Information that we collect may be stored and processed in the United States or in another country in which we, our agents, or our affiliated businesses maintain operations. By using our products, Websites, and this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
This policy is effective as of August 23, 2022
Bloodworks Corporation, Attention: General Counsel
921 Terry Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104