Genomics Testing Laboratory
Bleeding Disorders Ordering Information
Testing is requested via a Request for Testing Eastlake Bleeding Disorders Laboratory form. Form must be fully completed to avoid delay in testing. Bloodworks can no longer offer to bill to patients directly or to the patient’s insurance. For questions contact the laboratory manager.
- Minimum of 3cc whole blood drawn in EDTA (lavender top tubes).
- Fetal cell genotyping:
- Requires cultured amniocytes in two T-25 flasks grown to confluency. (amniotic fluid not acceptable).
- For shipping, the cultured cells should have media added to the flasks and sealed to avoid leakage.
- We do not provide laboratory services to culture the amniocytes.
- All samples must include a completed Request for Testing form (RFT) please see under Quick Links for appropriate form.
- All samples should arrive for testing at the lab within 96 hours.
- Whole blood or cultured amniocytes are shipped at room temperature according to federal shipping guidelines.
- Cultured amniocytes arriving after 1pm on Friday are not acceptable.
All samples must be properly labeled and information must agree with the identification on the RFT:
- If a sample is identified by name, there must also be a numeric identifier which could include hospital number or other coded identifier.
- A draw date needs to be on the sample label and also on the RFT
Submission and Transportation:
Send sample(s) together with RFT to:
1551 Eastlake Ave E, Suite 100
Attn: Eastlake SDL
Seattle, WA 98102
Lab # (206) 568-2184
Samples must be sent in accordance to federal regulations (OSHA). Sample(s) should be shipped at ambient temperature with 96 hours of draw time. Prefer overnight carriers.
Turn Around Time
- Many test results can be reported with 5 business days of receipt of sample(s).
- Some variants may take up to two weeks.
- Reports are faxed to the institution. Fax number must be provided.