HLA/Immunogenetics Laboratory Profiles
Initial Evaluation of the Recipient for Deceased Donor Transplant
Kidney, Pancreas, or Kidney with additional organ
- ABO typing
- HLA Class I + II (A,B,C,DR,DQ) Typing
- HLA Antibody Detection (a positive result could reflex to – HLA Antibody Specificity.)
*Pediatric transplants may have center specific protocols.
- Liver transplant tests are usually performed after transplant.
Testing Details for an Initial Evaluation Workup
- Specimen Requirements:
- Three to five 10ml ACDtubes(yellow top, solution A or B), one to two 10ml clot tubes (red top)
- For pediatric patients volume of samples may be modified. Contact the lab at 206-689-6580 to inquire about the minimal amount required for the test needed.
- Labeling Requirements:
- Specimen must have the patient’s first and last name, a collection date and a unique identifier written on the tube.
- Analytic Time:
- 5 to 10 business days
- Testing Schedule:
- Monday through Friday
All specimens must be accompanied by a Request for Testing Form