Bloodworks Northwest Laboratories
In hospitals everywhere, your partner in healthcare
Selected to support more than 90 hospitals coast to coast, Bloodworks Northwest delivers comprehensive products and services to support the highest level of patient care. Each year Bloodworks helps over 55,000 patients to receive lifesaving transfusions. Founded in 1944, we are local, non-profit, community-based and backed by 230,000 donors and volunteers.
Comprehensive Products and Services
- Red Cells (100% leukocyte reduced)
- Apheresis Platelets
- Pre-Storage Pooled Platelets (PSPP; 5-pools)
- Frozen Plasma (FFP and FP24)
- Cryoprecipitate (single, 5-unit pools)
- Autologous red cells
- Units for rare and complex types
Specialized Blood Components
- Dry Cryo (patients who cannot accept plasma)
- Single Whole Blood Platelets (pediatric patient support)
- Platelets in Platelet Additive Solution
- Pediatric frozen plasma (50 ml aliquots)
- Liquid plasma (never frozen – 26 day expiration)
- Low titer Group A frozen and liquid plasma (can be used as alternative source for AB plasma in emergencies)
- Granulocytes (for patients with low neutrophils)
- HLA-Matched Apheresis Platelets (nationally recognized program)
- CMV-Negative components (both Platelets and Red Cells)
- Irradiated components
- Antigen tested liquid Red Cells
- Historical antigen typing for units in routine shipment
- Biological Products (for research)
Bloodworks Service Area Map
Physicians who are transfusion experts, available for consultation 24/7/365
- Exceptional Customer Service 24/7/365
- Dedicated account representatives
- Electronic/online ordering
- Immunohematology Reference Lab (IRL) 24/7
- Real-time order tracking
- Transfusion Expertise: Physician Consultation 24/7
Immunohematology Reference Lab (IRL) and Red Cell Genomics
- Turnaround times to meet patient needs
- Physician/medical consultation 24/7
- Inventory of rare frozen units
- Antigen typed red cells and HLA matched Apheresis platelets
- Inventory of rare liquid-antigen-typed red cell units
- Red cell genotyping
- Online access to reports
How to contact Blood Components/Hospital Services
Brian Danforth – Client Services Administrator
(425) 656-3080 BrianD@BloodworksNW.org
Vida Farhang – Account Executive
(206) 473-0339 VidaF@BloodworksNW.org
Bloodworks Hospital Services
Committed to our customers
The Hospital Services team provides exceptional customer service through operational expertise, education, quality support, and best practices in the management and stewardship of your blood components inventory.
Our core values drive performance
Customer and operational support: We recognize that our customers are our reason for being, and together we operate in a challenging healthcare environment. We go the extra mile to collaborate to fully meet operational needs from product order to final delivery. We always treat our customers with dignity and respect and foster partnership and open communication.
Inventory support: We value our customers by striving to always provide them with accurate and timely products for routine and emergent requests. We provide their first choice in desired inventory, and choose the best and safest alternative choice if limitations arise. We share best practices for managing their inventory.
Educational support: Customers benefit from our specialized knowledge of clinical issues, blood banking and inventory management. We offer advice to ensure that inventory and clinical needs are met – backed up by our physicians who are experts in transfusion medicine if and when patient complications arise.
Quality support: We provide safe and accurate products through strict adherence to regulatory guidelines, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices (product safety, quality, identity, purity and potency). Our products are never compromised by temperature deviations in storage or in transport.
Team support: We have established strong relationships with the Bloodworks teams that help us provide blood to customers – donor recruitment, testing, processing, distribution, and lab expertise. We are backed up by an organization that is more than 900-strong.
Employee dedication: Meeting customer needs and our core values requires the engagement and commitment of our employees. We value individual initiative and expect our employees to work collaboratively as professionals in a team oriented environment to meet shared goals.