Kidney, Pancreas, or Kidney with additional organ
For Liver Transplant, these tests are usually performed after transplant; pediatric transplants may have center specific protocols
Testing Details for Final Crossmatch workup
- Specimen Requirements:
- Three 10cc ACD blood tubes (yellow top, solution A or B) and one 10cc clotted blood tube (red top)
- Labeling Requirements:
- Specimen must have the patient’s first and last name, a date of draw and a unique identifier written on the tube.
- Analytic Time:
- For Kidney, Pancreas, or Kidney with additional organ: 4 to 8 hours
- For Cardiothoracic: within 24 hours of transplant
- For Liver: Retrospective testing performed within 7 business days after transplant is confirmed in UNet.
All specimens must be accompanied with a Request for Testing Form