HLA/Immunogenetics Laboratory Profiles
Final Crossmatch for Living Donor Transplant
Within seven days before the transplant, a final lymphocyte crossmatch is performed using fresh serum from the patient and lymphocytes from the donor and the patient.
Testing Details for Final Crossmatch Workup
- Specimen Requirements for Patient:
- Three 10cc ACD blood tubes (yellow top, solution A or B), one 10cc clot tube (red top)
- Specimen Requirements for Donor:
- Three 10cc ACD blood tubes (yellow top, solution A or B)
- Labeling Requirements:
- Specimen must have the first and last name, a collection date of draw and a unique identifier on the tube.
- Analytic Time:
- Analytic Time: 1 business day
- Testing Schedule: Monday through Friday
All specimens must be accompanied with a Request for Testing Form