Bloodworks Northwest Laboratories
HLA Antibody Identification for Platelet Support
Multiple transfused patients may become alloimmunized to non-self HLA. This test is used to detect HLA alloantibodies. Patients who have failed to respond to the two consecutive random donor platelet transfusions may require HLA-selected platelet transfusions.
To inquire about ordering HLA selected community donors, contact the Apheresis Coordinator at (425) 453-5098
Testing Details for HLA Antibody Platelet Support Workup
- Specimen Requirements for Antibody:
- One 10cc ACD blood (yellow top, solution A or B) and one clot tube (red top).
- Labeling Requirements:
- Specimen must have the patient’s first and last name, a date of draw and a unique identifier written on the tube.
- Analytic Time:
- 2 business days (M-F)
- STAT- 6 hrs; performed as requested with POC approval.
- Expedited testing during regular business hours can be arranged by contacting the lab at 206-689-6580 or can be specified on the accompanying RFT
- Expedited testing outside of regular business hours must be arranged through Bloodworks Physician On-Call by contacting 206-689-6525
All specimens must be accompanied by a Request for Testing Form
- Request for Testing
- Ordering Information
- Profile Descriptions
- Test Descriptions
- Licenses & Accreditations
- Laboratory Leadership
- About this Lab
Contact us: 206-689-6580