Immunogenetics/HLA Laboratory Profiles
Support of Candidates for Transplant
Patients awaiting kidney and or pancreas deceased donor transplantation periodically submit samples to the Immunogenetics/HLA Laboratory to ensure a current sample is available for potential final crossmatch testing. The samples are drawn at dialysis centers, at clinics or at home and sent to the Immunogenetics/HLA Laboratory in shipping containers provided by the laboratory or the transplant center.
- Storage serum Requirements:
- One 10cc clotted blood tube (red top)
- Storage cell Requirements:
- Three 10ml ACD tubes (yellow top, solution A or B)
- Labeling Requirements:
- For samples provided by the HLA laboratory: Specimens are pre-labeled with the patient’s first and last name plus a coded unique ID. Specimen draw date must be provided by drawing facility or the sample is unacceptable.
- For samples provided by the transplant centers: Specimen must have the patient’s first and last name, a date of draw and a unique identifier written on the tube(s).