Ashley Ellis, M.D.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Medical Director at Bloodworks Northwest. She primarily services the Bloodworks Northwest’s Immunohematology Reference Laboratory, Bloodworks Northwest’s Red Cell Genomics Laboratory and Swedish Hospitals’ Transfusion Services Laboratories. She also provides medical oversight for therapeutic apheresis procedures and is very active in post-graduate medical education.
Board Certified Specialties
- Clinical Pathology
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2015
- Bachelor of Science, Molecular Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, Ancient Studies, Washington University in St. Louis, 2006
- Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking Fellowship, Saint Louis University, 2020
- Clinical Pathology Resident, Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, 2015-2019
- Applying molecular biology methods to Transfusion Medicine, medical education, therapeutic apheresis and lab management