Bloodworks Northwest Laboratories
Donor Testing-Quality Control Laboratory
Request for Testing (RFT)
Testing is requested via a Request for Testing Form. Forms may be ordered through the Business office at 425-656-3019. The following information must be completed on the RFT to avoid delay in testing:
- Patient Identification (must match information on specimen).
- Physician or authorized individual ordering test.
- Draw date and time.
- Whether the sample was frozen if only a serum or plasma aliquot is submitted.
- To whom should the report be sent.
- Include a contact name and phone number for someone who can answer questions concerning the order.
All samples must be properly labeled and information must agree with the identification on the RFT.
- If a specimen is identified by name, there must also be a numeric identifier which may include Hospital number, birth date, or other coded identifier
- If only a numeric identifier is used (with no name), the number must be a Hospital number, or coded identifier. A birth date is not acceptable in this circumstance.
- A draw date should be on the sample but the sample will still be accepted if the draw information is on the RFT.
Submission and Transporting
Send the specimen together with the completed RFT to Bloodworks Northwest.
- If sending by FedEx (recommended), or by USPS, send directly to the Donor Testing Laboratory at:Bloodworks Northwest, Donor Testing
701 SW 39th St., Entry C
Renton, WA 98057
- If sending by cab or courier, send to:Bloodworks Northwest
921 Terry Avenue
Seattle WA 98104Direct the driver to use the cab alley which is accessed from Minor Street.
Specimens may be shipped on ice or at ambient temperature (as long as conditions specified in Sample Requirements are maintained). It is the responsibility of the shipper to package the samples to meet the regulatory requirements of the chosen carrier.