Platelet Immunology Laboratory
Request for Testing (RFT)
Testing is requested via a Platelet Immunology RFT Laboratory Form.
Submission and Transporting
All samples must be sent to the Blood Center in a sealed, leak-proof container marked with a biohazard sticker to comply with OSHA safety standards.
Send the specimen together with the completed RFT to:
Attn: Platelet Immunology Lab, Rm 619
921 Terry Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
All samples are to be shipped with either same-day or first a.m. overnight delivery. Please notify the laboratory (206-689-6543) before any NATP, PTP, and Platelet Typing samples are sent.
Samples must be received Monday morning through Friday morning. Samples received after 10:00a.m. on Friday or over the weekend will have to be re-drawn. The only exceptions are the samples received for Alloantibody, Heparin Antibody and ADAMTS-13 protease activity testing. See specific test for detailed sample and handling information.
All samples must be properly labeled and information must agree with the identification on the RFT.
- If a specimen is identified by name, there must also be a numeric identifier which may include Hospital number, SS#, birth date, or other coded identifier.
- A draw date should be on the sample but the sample will still be accepted if the draw information is on the RFT.
The following information must be completed on the RFT:
- Patient Identification (we require 2 unique identifiers):
Name (must match information on specimen label); Birth Date; Social Security Number or Hospital ID Number
- Physician or authorized individual ordering test (First and Last Name)
- Draw date and Accession Number
- Include a contact name and phone number for someone who can answer questions concerning the order.
- Reports are faxed to the institution. Fax number must be provided.
Bloodworks Northwest can no longer offer to bill to patients directly or to the patient’s insurance. For questions, contact the lab manager or supervisor at 206-689-6542.